Women's Rights in the Labour Market
Title of the project: “Ensure decent working conditions for women workers in the garment and footwear factories in Albania "
Duration: January 2019- December 2019
Donor: Olof Palme International Center, with funds of Swedish Embassy in Albania
Overall objective: Ensuring decent working conditions for women workers in garment and footwear industry and promote the respect of international labour standards in the garment and footwear industry in Albania.
Summary: "Gender Alliance for Development Center” (GADC) with the support of Olof Palme International Center, with funds of Swedish Embassy in Albania implemented the project: “Ensure decent working conditions for women workers in the garment and footwear factories in Albania ". The aim of which is to analyze the situation of women who work in the textile and footwear sector as well as bringing positive change to their working conditions and beyond.
In the framework of the project, the following activities carried out were:
- Organized Consultation meetings between GADC and trade unions to discuss about the situation of women workers in garment and footwear industry.
- Established an advocacy platform for collaboration between GADC and respective Trade Unions as well as other social actors.
- Organized a joint activity between GADC, the Commissioner against discrimination, TUs, State Inspectorate of Labour and Social Services and The State Inspectorate of Health in Albania.
- Established an anonymous reporting mechanism for workers Distribute information through leaflets about the free green number of GADC 08001818.
- Awareness Raising among women working in the sector.