Call for Expert on Gender and Environment
Terms of Reference
EXPERT ON GENDER AND ENVIRONMENT
Gender Alliance for Development Centre is implementing the project "Establish Environmental Feminist Local Alliances" This project is being supported by Reactor - Research in Action and their partners through the Action "Furthering Gender Equality through the EU Accession Process". This Action is funded by the European Union and co-funded by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency.
As part of the implementation of the project, we are also seeking cooperation with an external gender and environment expert.
The consultancy aims to develop a policy brief paper as a gender analysis on the topic “Gender and Environment in Albania”. The policy brief will include an analysis of the legal framework including national and international obligations and commitments of Albania, then will continues with analyses of the institutional framework. The policy brief will be accompanied by finding and recommendations for local and central level actions, as well as for the upcoming Environmental Strategy of Albania. The policy brief will be developed taking into consideration the EU Gender Action Plan III Climate Change part of the thematic area of engagement – Addressing the challenges and harnessing the opportunities offered by the green transition and the digital transformation and the SDG on environment and climate change. The policy brief will serve as a basis for the empowerment workshop for Local Feminist Alliances and for preparing the monitoring tool to be used from the LFAs members. The findings and recommendations will also be used for the EU consultation process of progress report in Albania and for lobbying and advocacy in a hearing session in the Parliament of Albania.
Terms of Reference
- The following tasks and deliverables will be produced within the stated timelines and transferred to the GADC during the course of the assignment:
- The first draft of the Study was submitted to GADC within July 2022
- The second draft of the Study after comments submitted to GADC within August 2022, addressing all feedback from TL.
- Powerpoint presentations and one page with key messages and data for promotional purposes by September 2022.
- Conduct training of trainers, within July 2022
- Conduct 3 training sessions in Vlora, Kamza, and Puka with a group of women in August 2022.
- Experience in the climate, environment, energy, or infrastructure sector
- Experience with gender integration and conducting gender analyses
- Understanding of current climate issues and policy in international development
- Experience in participatory appraisals from a gender equity perspective
- Training in the field of gender and development – a good indication of whether or not the consultant has the relevant expertise
- Strong analytical, writing and communication skills
Application and deadline
Individuals or/and organizations are invited to send their offer as per above to e-mail address: email@example.com To Executive Director Mrs. Mirela Arqimandriti at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at:
Gender Alliance for Development Centre
Rruga "Abdyl Frasheri"
P.O. Box 2418
Deadline: May 20, 2022