Roundtable discussion Vlora- Implementation of the 3rd objective of the National Strategy and Action Plan 2016-2020
December 23rd 2020 Gender Alliance for Development Center in cooperation with the Municipality of Vlora organized a roundtable discussion on "Functioning of the Coordinated Referral Mechanism (CRM) Findings and challenges in the implementation of the 3rd objective of the National Strategy and Action Plan 2016-2020”
The purpose of this meeting was to discuss the preliminary findings of the CRM monitoring in the municipality of Vlora, the challenges and recommendations of each of the members of the Interdisciplinary Technical Team in managing cases of violence against women and girls and domestic violence.
Referring to the period January - November 2020, the following have been implemented by the Coordinated Mechanism for Referral of Cases of Violence in the Municipality of Vlora:
- 1 Steering Committee meeting;
- 8 meetings of the CRM;
- Signing of the New Protocol for the treatment of cases of domestic violence;
- Review and re-signing of the CRM Agreement;
- 20 groups of awareness-raising activities and capacity building during the year and national campaigns against violence;
- About 250 cases of domestic violence were handled by the CRM.
This meeting is organized within the project "Providing technical expertise to the government and CSOs for the development, budgeting, implementation and monitoring of measures to address violence against women in the new Strategy for Gender Equality and Action Plan" which is funded by EU and implemented by UN Women.